Yesterday was a good day for the most part. My friend Jenna and I got together last Friday and prepared and cooked the food for the whole upcoming week, which was so nice! With my husband and my busy lifestyle it is nice to have everything ready to go, so we have food to eat that is easy for when we are really tired or in a hurry. I am really hoping that she and I can get together every week to do it, but we will have to see where our schedules land. At this point she is totally into it as am I. Having the food ready and my kitchen void of any unhealthy food makes temptation very low for me, and I honestly enjoy the food that we cook, which is great! The Biggest Loser diet books have some killer yummy recipes, and for the first time ever I am learning when I am full, and I am able to know my portion sizes and am learning how to listen to my body instead of eating until I a stuffed.
I spent the day with my beautiful daughter and had a great time, though after working night shift I am very tired. I really hope that at some point in our life I will be able to get my schedule back to swing shift which is the best for my life, and it also lets us avoid putting our daughter in daycare. Ideally I would love to be able to work from home exclusively, selling Scentsy and selling sewing crafts from home, and being able to make a living at it. But for now I will work night shift, and I am grateful to have a job, and I enjoy being a caregiver and being able to help people. It makes me feel good.
I need to learn to budget my time a little better though, and be more self-disciplined about it. I am relaxed and go with the flow which is necessary with a toddler; however I need to sleep more in the evening before I go to work. Last night I did better at that than I have in a while. Unfortunately I am averaging 5 total hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, which is not great especially for my body and my weak immune system. My goal for this week is to set a schedule for myself and do my best to stick to it. I know my outlook will be much better once I get my sleep patterns more regular.
After my husband got home I went to the gym and had a great workout. The only struggle I face there is that genetics and weight have dealt me a painful blow with food problems. I walk on my big toes, therefore I deal with bunions and stress fractures. As I lose more weight I hope this issue will calm down significantly. I will take one day at a time, and if the pain gets bad I can always ride the bike instead of run.
Forgive the ramblings for the day, but some days are just meant for freewriting, and ignoring the urge to polish and organize all thoughts. Sometimes it is nice to just let go and write.
No comments:
Post a Comment